Monday, June 27, 2011

I didn't know we don't process most of our Shea Butter nuts

Shea Butter is big business in the US now. But according to this PBS documentary we export most of it in nuts without processing them. It looks like it doesn't take much to process. Maybe I should get into the business - process them in Ghana, employ some people and make some money.

Kudos: To PBS for a nice job on Ghana. The story gets to the point without the "these poor africans need our help" drama we see when the western media covers Africa. And I'm glad they are talking about Ghana. Not Africa.

Disclosure: 100% pure organic Shea Butter made in Ghana has been my lotion of choice for the last 10 years and counting.

Watch the full episode. See more PBS NewsHour.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting - my husband just got back from Tamale where he was photographying a shea butter factory that processes for the Bodyshop. We now have a tub big enough to last us a few years!

    ReplyDelete